You can’t be all things to all people.
Many entrepreneurs resist this truth, however. This video talks about how getting really granular when defining your ideal client actually EXPANDS your potential for business.
But in this video, I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about when NOT to listen. And it all has to do with the inspiration and execution around my upcoming Improv for Entrepreneurs Interview Showcase that’s happening September 20-24.
So watch and…well…listen!
The fact is, if you’re in business you’re in sales.
Go ahead. I dare you. Bury your head in the sand. Pretend it’s not true. And tell me how that’s working for you…
Tags: biztruth, business, business owner, carolyn herfurth, coach, entrepreneur, mentor, sales, sales & marketing, sales selling the biztruth sales training carolyn herfurth business business owner coach entrepreneur vlog, selling
Connecting is one of my passions. It conjures up thoughts of enjoyment, shared interests, laughter, interesting conversations and me out in the world being authentic.
- When I am connecting, I am not struggling for the “right” words.
- When I am connecting I am not trying so hard to impress people that I’m not listening to them.
- When I am connecting, I am thinking about how I can help that person – through advice, people I know, ideas I have or simply witnessing an idea or experience they are having.
- When I am connecting, I am comfortable in my body and my clothes. (more…)
Help me take the word “sell” off of the 4-letter word list!
- Ask questions that will reveal the specific pains that you help them resolve
- REALLY listen to their answers
- Dig deeper with MORE questions
- Don’t blah-blah them to boredom
- Closing the sale is as simple as asking another question
Effective questions minimize objections and lead to a natural close.
Think about your audience (aka target market or ideal client) and answer these questions:
- What pains do they have?
- What problems do you solve for them?
- What solutions do you offer to alleviate those pains?
- What goals might they have?
- What do you do to help them reach their goals?
- What results do your clients get?
Tags: biztruth, business, business owner, carolyn herfurth, coach, entrepreneur, mentor, mentoring, sale & marketing, sales, sales & marketing, sales selling the biztruth sales training carolyn herfurth business business owner coach entrepreneur vlog, sales training, selling, the biztruth