Connecting is one of my passions. It conjures up thoughts of enjoyment, shared interests, laughter, interesting conversations and me out in the world being authentic.
- When I am connecting, I am not struggling for the “right” words.
- When I am connecting I am not trying so hard to impress people that I’m not listening to them.
- When I am connecting, I am thinking about how I can help that person – through advice, people I know, ideas I have or simply witnessing an idea or experience they are having.
- When I am connecting, I am comfortable in my body and my clothes. (more…)
Help me take the word “sell” off of the 4-letter word list!
- Ask questions that will reveal the specific pains that you help them resolve
- REALLY listen to their answers
- Dig deeper with MORE questions
- Don’t blah-blah them to boredom
- Closing the sale is as simple as asking another question
Effective questions minimize objections and lead to a natural close.
- Remember that it’s just a conversation
- Your ideal clients are waiting for someone like you to help them with their issue
- Quit stalling & initiate!
Think about your audience (aka target market or ideal client) and answer these questions:
- What pains do they have?
- What problems do you solve for them?
- What solutions do you offer to alleviate those pains?
- What goals might they have?
- What do you do to help them reach their goals?
- What results do your clients get?
Tags: biztruth, business, business owner, carolyn herfurth, coach, entrepreneur, mentor, mentoring, sale & marketing, sales, sales & marketing, sales selling the biztruth sales training carolyn herfurth business business owner coach entrepreneur vlog, sales training, selling, the biztruth
Biztruth #4 :: If you don’t have a handle on your numbers, it’s time to sharpen your pencil.
You may need to replay this video a couple of times to get it…but it’ll be worth it. Especially if you follow through with my suggestion.
Biztruth #1 If you’re in business, you’re in sales.
And if you’re in sales, you need to find ways to connect with prospects & strategic partners.
Enter Bryn Johnson, Connection Expert. Bryn helps people figure out how to connect & collaborate with prospects, partners & friends. So I have invited her to guest post for The Biztruth Blog from time to time. She has a wonderful sense of humor, is a gifted writer and always has great stuff to share with us. Enjoy!
Trust me when I tell you– I LOVE to work from my home. When the role of the remote workforce gained widespread popularity a few years ago, I was thrilled to be employed by a progressive corporation that allowed the flexibility of working from home much of the time that I wasn’t on the road with clients. This was the smartest thing a corporation could do with an overachieving, workaholic like me. Give me an office that is as quick to commute to as rolling out of bed and making coffee- brilliant! The work often began before 7 am and ended when the lights went out and I went to bed. Most days I did this all in my sweats and a t-shirt. And shhhh…..many days I worked from my pajamas and took a shower between conference calls in late afternoon. (more…)
Nobody notices a good toupee. Only a bad one.
The same goes for salespeople. Bad salespeople are easy to spot.
Tags: biztruth, business owner, carolyn herfurth, coach, entrepreneur, mentor, sales, sales selling the biztruth sales training carolyn herfurth business business owner coach entrepreneur vlog, sales training, selling, the biztruth
I saw Hugh MacLeod’s daily cartoon from Gaping Void this week. I just had to share it with you to tag onto my Me Me Me Me Me post from a couple of months ago…also included for you here.
Click if you want more of Hugh. The guy is brilliant & funny. A great combo.
For those of you who missed it, I’m sharing the recording from my call with Sheila Ronning of Sharp UpSwing.
Tags: biztruth, business, business owner, carolyn herfurth, coach, entrepreneur, mentor, mentoring, sales, sales training, selling, sheila ronning, the biztruth, upswing, upswing business expo, upswing expo