Posts Tagged ‘business owner’
Here’s a business truth for you (Biztruth #5, actually): If you think marketing alone will make your sales for you, think again.
There IS a difference between marketing and selling and don’t let anyone lead you to believe otherwise!
(If you missed the free calls you can go to thebiztruth.com/about and scroll about two-thirds down the page to learn the other 9 Biztruths.)
But in this video, I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about when NOT to listen. And it all has to do with the inspiration and execution around my upcoming Improv for Entrepreneurs Interview Showcase that’s happening September 20-24.
So watch and…well…listen!
Connecting is one of my passions. It conjures up thoughts of enjoyment, shared interests, laughter, interesting conversations and me out in the world being authentic.
- When I am connecting, I am not struggling for the “right” words.
- When I am connecting I am not trying so hard to impress people that I’m not listening to them.
- When I am connecting, I am thinking about how I can help that person – through advice, people I know, ideas I have or simply witnessing an idea or experience they are having.
- When I am connecting, I am comfortable in my body and my clothes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Ask questions that will reveal the specific pains that you help them resolve
- REALLY listen to their answers
- Dig deeper with MORE questions
- Don’t blah-blah them to boredom
- Closing the sale is as simple as asking another question
Effective questions minimize objections and lead to a natural close.