Fun is the new work
Remember as a kid how joyful and carefree you used to be?
Life was a cinch. You woke up, played, ate, played some more and went to bed. The next day was the start of another new and exciting adventure.
Why can’t your business feel as fun and simple as that?
Why, even though you’re working your ass off and making investments in your growth, do you feel like you’re barely an inch closer to enjoying the results you’d hoped for by now?
Why are you working overtime instead of enjoying quality time?
In Martha Beck’s recent article in O magazine (about how to keep “flakes” on track) she said,
Remember, fun is the new work.
Wouldn’t it be AMAZING if there was a way to do business that’s actually as much fun as you imagined it would be when you started your venture?
Wouldn’t it be WONDERFUL if you found a way to grow your business, your way instead of trying to fit into someone else’s little box?
Wouldn’t it be FANTASTIC if you made money doing what you love?
Well, there is a way.
There are 5 essential keys to infuse fun, flow and profit into your service business (so you can stop working so damn hard!).
- Design your business, your way. Do not mimic others thinking it’ll work for you. It won’t.
- Develop your voice and point of view so that you’re considered a thought leader by peers and clients. Be the voice, not the echo.
- Commit to your primary and most effective marketing strategy. Too many entrepreneurs hide behind email and social media but don’t have a strategy that really, truly works and is a reflection of 1 & 2.
- Do whatever it takes to love selling your services. Find an approach that feels true to you and it’ll change your life in ways you can’t even imagine.
- Prioritize all of your time, money and mindset around the first 4 pointers. Everything else is extraneous.
Knowing how to do this will help you stop working overtime. Do more of the stuff you like and less of the stuff you don’t. And actually have FUN in your business!
And isn’t the idea to biz happier, not harder?!
If you’re not fully feeling the fun in your business, join me for a webinar next week where I’ll go deeper into each of these five essential keys to infuse fun, flow and profit into your service business (so you can stop working so damn hard!).
Tags: biz happier, business coach, business coaching, business mentor, business training, carolyn herfurth, entrepreneur, evolve accelerator, how to close a sale, sales coach, sales coaching, small business, small business coaching, the biz truth, the biztruthComments