I spent my first 7 years in business playing a hand in the launch of 100 businesses, and observed that the majority of entrepreneurs aren’t all that wild about selling.
My proof? I watched 80% of my clients struggle with selling their services and saw the havoc it wreaked on their personal, financial and business lives.
It sparked my mission to equip entrepreneurs to sell confidently and close fearlessly, so I walked away from my multiple six-figure business to start The Biztruth in 2010.
Since then, I’ve helped hundreds of entrepreneurs sign 4-, 5- and 6-figure deals, fill their practices and programs, and gain a calm confidence about something that used to make them shake in their shoes.
As a Business Development Strategist, I specialize in working with small business owners and service professionals who are super talented, but need help figuring out how to package, price and sell their services – despite the vulnerability they feel and demands that they experience “singing for their supper”.
Since I had to figure it out for myself when I made the transition from corporate America to starting my first business over 10 years ago, I “get it” and show you a way to simplify it.
My goal is to things fresh and light around a topic that so many entrepreneurs wish they could avoid!
10 Truths About Me
- I believe we’re all born salespeople. (Yes, you too.)
- I’ve helped over 1,000 people make thoughtful decisions about business ownership and have helped launch nearly 100 businesses.
- I owned a franchise for 7 years and cofounded the Minnesota Franchise Spectacular. I’m also the author of Buying a Franchise: Tips, Tools & Tales for Doing It Right.
- I did my first duathlon last August & look forward to my next one!
- I know ways to fund your business when sales are in a slump. (Ask me.)
- I’ve parachuted from an airplane. Twice.
- I speak extensively about self-employment & entrepreneurship to anyone who will listen.
- I love performing improv and standup comedy… especially when I can incorporate it into teaching sales to entrepreneurs.
- I believe we can all lead richer lives by being ourselves…not who we think others want us to be.
- I wish I could spend just one night as a standup comedian headlining a big Las Vegas show. (Then I’d want another. And another. And…)
The 10 Biz Truths That Will Set Your Sales Free
If your goal is simply to own a business, that’s fine.
But if you want to own a successful business – one that gives you a great income & the time to enjoy it – you need to master the 10 Biztruths:
|Biztruth 1||If you’re in business, you’re in sales.|
||If you want to make money in your business, you must treat it as a business.|
||If you’re unhappy with your results, there’s only one person to blame…
and it’s not your prospects or clients.
||If you don’t have a handle on your numbers, it’s time to sharpen your pencil.|
||If you think marketing alone will make your sales for you, think again.|
||If you can’t ask, you’ll never get.|
||If you think it’s about you, you’re wrong.|
||If you don’t focus on pay time, you won’t get paid.|
||If you don’t invest in yourself, nobody else will either.|
||If you have a Plan B, don’t expect Plan A to succeed.|